At Piddle Place we are dedicated to removing the barriers to pet companionship, and supporting abandoned animals. We are proud to be a donation affiliate of SPCA(HK). Join our continuous life saver mission and support $1 donation per Bio+ Treatment Pack to SPCA(HK) for the support of local animal shelters.
Although SPCA is the first charity in Hong Kong to deal with all aspects of animal welfare, the organization obtains around only 1% of the funding from the government. The rest of the funding comes from the generosity of the general public. It is a constant challenge to raise the funds necessary to continue their animal rescue work.
SPCA believes that animals are living creatures which like humans, are able to feel pain, hunger and thirst. One should not inflict any suffering upon our fellow creatures just because they can't speak.
"To promote kindness to animals, to protect their health and welfare, to prevent cruelty and through education, to inspire in the community a deep respect for life so that all living creatures may live together in harmony."
"To promote kindness and to confront and prevent cruelty to animals."
HOW DOES THE SPCA ACT TO ACHIEVE THESE AIMS?
The SPCA believes that animals deserve our protection, compassion and respect. The organization aims to prevent their suffering wherever they can through:
- Rescue of abandoned, sick and injured animals.
- Operating an Inspectorate to rescue animals including wildlife, help enforce animal welfare laws and initiate prosecution of offenders.
- Providing of low-cost desexing for cats and dogs to prevent unwanted litters.
- Rehoming abandoned and rescued animals.
- Hospitalisation of homeless animals whenever possible, providing necessary basic veterinary care, treatment of disease or major surgery.
- Helping to control the animal population by working within the community on programmes to desex loosely owned and feral animals, territory wide.
- Monitoring of food animal welfare standards.
- Lobbying and working with government to bring about improved animal welfare legislation.
- Public education on responsible pet ownership and animal welfare concepts.
Information from http://www.spca.org.hk/en/about-us/who-we-are
To make extra online donation to SPCA: http://www.spca.org.hk/en/join-us/make-a-donation